The Race Change service went live on October 27th, 2009 for U.S. and EU players. Characters can change their race for $25 (USD) as long as they stay in the same faction.
- The full range of customization options offered by the Character Re-Customization service is included as well.
- Under normal conditions, a race change should be ready immediately after rendering payment and completing the steps in this process.
- You can select a new character race only from those in the same faction that have the character's class available. You cannot change a character's class.
- A character's current home city reputation level will switch values with their new home city, and their home city racial mounts will convert to those of their new race. Refer to the Race Change Translation Table (US, EU) for more details.
- A realm transfer is not included in a race change.
- A character can change races once every 3 days.
- Please refer to the Character Race Change FAQ (US currently bad link) for answers to common questions about this service.
- It was officially announced in early September 2009.
- Despite race change aspects of the faction change service, the mechanisms are different.
- Character Re-Customization service
- Faction Change service
- Paid Character Name Change
- Paid character transfer service