|Blackwing Lair loading graphic|
|Location||Upper Blackrock Spire, Blackrock Mountain|
|Race(s)||Black dragonflight |
|Lockout timer||1 week|
- See also: Blackwing Lair loot
Most notably, bosses drop tier 2 set items.
Quests and Reputation
There are three possible ways to enter:
- By completing the attunement quest  and thereafter porting in by using Orb of Command.
- By entering the portal in Blackrock Spire. This entrance to Blackwing Lair is located within upper Blackrock Spire, several turns past Rend's room.
- Via a warlock's Ritual of Summoning.
Nefarian has vowed to crush Ragnaros. To this end, he has recently begun efforts to bolster his forces, much as his father Deathwing had attempted to do in ages past. However, where Deathwing failed, it now seems the scheming Nefarian may be succeeding. Nefarian's mad bid for dominance has attracted concern from the Red Dragon Flight, which has always been the Black Flight's greatest foe. Though Nefarian's intentions are known, the methods he is using to achieve them remain a mystery. It is believed, however that Nefarian has been experimenting with the blood of all of the various Dragon Flights to produce unstoppable warriors.
- File:IconSmall Nefarian.gif Black dragon (one, Nefarian)
- Black drakes (three, Ebonroc, Firemaw, Flamegor)
- File:IconSmall DrakonidBlack.gif Black drakonids
- Black dragonspawn
- File:IconSmall DrakonidBlue.gif Blue drakonids
- File:IconSmall WhelpBlue.gif Blue whelps
- File:IconSmall BoneGolem.gif Bone golems
- File:IconSmall DrakonidBronze.gif Bronze drakonids
- File:IconSmall WhelpBronze.gif Bronze whelps
- File:IconSmall DrakonidViolet.gif Chromatic drakonids
- File:IconSmall Drakeadon.gif Drakeadon (one, Chromaggus)
- File:IconSmall DrakonidGreen.gif Green drakonids
- File:IconSmall WhelpGreen.gif Green whelps
- 18px Infernals
- File:IconSmall DragonRed.gif Red dragon (one, Vaelastrasz the Corrupt)
- File:IconSmall DrakonidRed.gif Red drakonids
- File:IconSmall WhelpRed.gif Red whelps
- Patch 1.8.0: There are now alchemy labs that are needed by alchemists to make flasks inside of Blackwing Lair.
- Patch 1.6.1:
- Several encounters in Blackwing Lair now cause the front gate to close, preventing players from zoning out or joining an in-progress battle.
- The drakes in Blackwing Lair will no longer leave the lab.
- Patch 1.6.0: Added